Thank you to Casey for the tag! I’m not going to tag anyone because to be honest I am too tired to think of people, I’m working really solidly right now and there’s so many tourists I am just exhausted.
you must be honest
you must answer all the questions
you must tag at least 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Oh god probably The Casual Vacancy by J.K.Rowling
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Last read was When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, Currently Reading The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine will be reading Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
I wouldn’t say hated by I wasn’t a huge fan of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
The majority of the books I bought for 99p on kindle.
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
I’m going to steal everyone’s answer for this and go Game of Thrones
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
I read it midway through because I’m like “holy shit I need to see if this character makes it”.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I like acknowledgements, I think they’re cute.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
I would swap with Molly from Upside of Unrequited because her life seems really fun
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
I wouldn’t say a book reminds me but the Breakaway album reminds me of reading all the Meg Cabot books back to back when I was like 12/13 because I listened to that album when I read them.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I found my copy of Anna and the French Kiss in a random coffee shop outside Fort William the day I was travelling to Australia and paid 50p to charity for it. It had a note inside from the person who bought it for the other, it was cute.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I don’t think so? I normally gift books rather than give them my old copy.
12. Which book has been with you most places?
Harry Potter, either in book form or audiobook form
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
No, if I hated it I hated it.
14. Used or brand new?
Both. Used is good because you get it for cheaper normally and sometimes you find peoples bookmarks and notes and things inside which I find really sweet, but also new books have that smell.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
Yes I read Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
Hmm, I’m sure there has been one or two because things sometimes work better as movies but I can’t think right now.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
I get hungry reading a lot of books hen they start talking about most food to be honest.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
My dad, he reads a lot of stuff I’m not interested in, like nautical history and stuff but if he recommends me something that he’ll think I like considering he knows what I like then I give it a go. Also my friend Joanne because she reads a lot of the same books as me and we agree on our opinions.
19. My question is: Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Hmmm, I don’t know. I don’t really like crime or thriller books and so far I haven’t read anything that’s particularly wowed me.