- Thank the creator and the person who tagged you.
- Begin with the month in which you have been tagged and move forward from there!
- For your birthday month, state the best gift you’ve ever been given.
- Tag whomever you’d like when you’re finished.
- Have fun, of course!
1. October is time to celebrate Halloween! Pick one character that you would love to dress up as for Halloween.
Well I dressed up as Sailor Venus a couple of years ago, I can’t really think of one that’s not way overdone.
2. November is the month when we’re reminded of how much we have to be thankful for. Choose one book you’re grateful for having read and give a shout-out to the person who recommended it!
I’m grateful that I read Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi, I feel like it’s changed my life in a way.
3. December is a time when friends and families come together and celebrate. Name one book you would give as a gift.
Hmmmm maybe Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Not exactly the most happy book but I feel like both adults and teens could learn a lot from it.
4. January begins a new year. Name a resolution you made this year and if you’ve kept it or not!
I don’t really make resolutions but on the 26th of December I went vegetarian and so far it’s going really well. Other than that I’m just trying to be healthier and I have my good days and bad days.
5. February is the month for relationships. Name your favorite book relationship: romantic, platonic, or familial, your choice!
Harry, Ron and Hermione, Feyre and Rhys, Aelin and Rowan, The Lunar Squad, Cath and Levi, Lizzie and Darcy etc. etc.
6. March is the month for luck and new beginnings. Name a book or series that you would like to re-experience as if you’d never read it.
Harry Potter. Without a doubt. Is there another answer to this question?
7. April is a spectacularly ordinary month. Name a book that was so over-hyped that it just could not live up to your expectations.
Something In Between by Melissa De La Cruz, whilst it was fine for the most part it was just so hyped up for what it was that it just fell short for me.
8. May is the month when the flowers start to bloom. Name a book that was a pleasant surprise to you.
9. June is the time to take a break. Name a book or genre that you like to read when you just need to check out.
YA romantic contemporary. It’s just a good chill out genre that doesn’t ever get too stressful. If I need to completely escape reality then it’s fantasy for definite.
10. July is the time to celebrate your independence! Name a book that made you see fireworks.
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
11. August is the hottest month of the year. Pick an up-and-coming author that you think will be the next hottest thing.
Becky Albertalli. I’ve adored both books that she’s written and I think great things are headed her way!
12. September is time for students to go back to school! Pick a book you read for school that you actually enjoyed.
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Everyone hated it but I adored it.